These pecan and chocolate cookies are the perfect vegan cookies. The pecans add a rich, warming, nutty flavour to the classic chocolate chips and gooey cookie dough. Also, this pecan and chocolate cookies recipe can be made in full in under an hour making it super easy and quick!
Cookies are a classic thing to bake. They are pretty failsafe too- who doesn't like a cookie? This pecan and chocolate cookies recipe is no different. They are a crowd pleaser and will definitely make the people around you happy!
These cookies are made by a process of creaming vegan butter with sugar before adding the rest of the ingredients. The creaming process is done in a standing mixer for around 5 minutes. This part of the cookie making is integral as it allows for the fluffy, gooey texture of a cookie. If you don't have a standing mixer, don't worry! You can mix the butter and sugar together by hand or using a hand mixer if you have one.
The other additional stage which I think is important when making cookies is to circle around the cookies when they are straight out of the oven. When cookies bake, they can spread and form slightly odd shapes. If you use a small bowl and circle around the cookie when they are fresh from the oven, this will bring the cookies together into perfect circles! This means nothing for flavour, but it is a great step if you want them all to look the same.
I hope you love these cookies as much as I do! Please let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below, or message me on Instagram.
Pecan and Chocolate Cookies
- 88 g Sugar white, caster
- 80 g Sugar soft light brown
- 110 g Butter unsalted
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 65 ml Vegetable/ coconut oil
- 170 g Flour all-purpose, plain, white
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder
- 120 g Chocolate chips
- 40 g Pecans loosely chopped
- Pre-heat your oven (fan) to 180°C/ 356°F. Place baking paper into a large baking tray
- In a standing mixer, combine your butter and sugars (both types) on a medium-high speed for around 5 minutes. You can leave this for longer if you wish. Don't cut this step out, be patient and let the sugars cream effectively with the butter. After this step, add the vanilla extract and combine until everything is incorporated. Then, add the remaining ingredients (except the chocolate/ pecans). Combine on a medium speed for around 30 seconds, until all combined. Do not over mix at this stage. Finally, add 100g/ 0.7 cups of choc chips and ¾ of the pecans. Combine on a low speed until they are integrated.
- Using a tablespoon, spoon out a cookie dough ball onto your lined baking tray. I like the cookies quite small, but if you want the cookies larger, spoon out more than a tbsp. Ensure that when you place the cookies on the baking tray, they are separated enough. I did 5 cookie dough balls on a big baking tray. If needed, you may want to do several batches (I did this!). Bake for 10 minutes.
- When you take the cookies out of the oven they may seem slightly under-cooked but they will firm up and be deliciously gooey inside as they cool down! As soon as you take them out of the oven, use a small bowl or dessert ring to circle around the edges of the cookie, ensuring they are circular in shape. Then press the remaining chocolate and pecans on top of the cookies evenly, making them pretty!
- Enjoy the cookies warm! Or store in an airtight container. I hope you love them!