This peach sago pudding is sweet, fresh and delicious. It has a blend of peach, honey and milk mixed into cooked sago. I topped it with fresh peach, pecans and a drizzle more honey... yum!
I have never tried sago before so this was a first for me! But i really enjoyed it and I am excited to add it to more recipes. You may have had sago in bubble tea before, it is that tapioca, chewy, delicious vibe.
This recipe is super simple in terms of ingredients. You only need five ingredients.
See recipe card for quantities and instructions.
All you are going to do is cook your sago in water, drain it and then mix it into your blend of peaches, milk and honey. You will then add to little bowls, chill and enjoy!
Cook your sago
Make your peach blend
Hint: Keep stirring your sago when it is cooking. You don't need to do this continuously but do this often because otherwise the sago will stick!
You may want to make some substitutions to vary the peach sago pudding to your preference.
- Peach - you could substitute the peach for other fruit like mango or apple.
- Honey - you could substitute this for any liquid sweetener of choice. You could use maple syrup or any syrup. You can also get plant-based honey too!
All you need for this recipe is a blender, a saucepan and pots to hold your sago pudding.
Store in the fridge until you want to eat it! I chilled mine overnight before eating.
Sago is a starch obtained from palm stems. It is completely gluten-free, vegan, etc. It actually has been found to have lots of amazing anti-oxidant effects!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Peach Sago Pudding
- 180 g Sago pearls
- 900 ml Water
- 3 Peaches I used yellow flesh
- 2 tablespoon Honey or sweetener of choice
- 180 ml Milk I used coconut
- 3 tablespoon Pecans for the top - optional
- 200 g Yoghurt for the top - optional
- Add your water to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then, add your sago pearls and continue cooking for 15 minutes, until the pearls are translucent. Then rinse the pearls under cold water in a sieve.
- In a blender, combine 2 peaches, honey and milk until all combined and smooth.
- Add your cooked pearls to a bowl with the peach mixture. Combine. Then add to bowls/ jars and refridgarate for at least 4 hours. I chill mine overnight.
- When ready, chop your last peach, add your yoghurt to your bowls on top of the sago, add the chopped peach and pecans. Enjoy!