These peanut butter ice cream bars are the perfect ice cream treat. They have a layer of creamy, sweet peanut butter ice cream, a layer of roasted peanuts and are surrounded in chocolate... a peanut butter lover's dream!
It is getting warmer in England right now (we are currently in June) so I am craving all of the cooling, frozen treats. This recipe is the perfect relief on a hot summers day when you want that refreshing, but still indulgent sweet treat.
You only need a minimal amount of ingredients for this recipe. This is surprising because when you eat them, they will seem like they have been very complicated to make, with lots of ingredients involved. But no! here you only need FIVE ingredients.
- Double cream
- Condensed milk
- Peanut butter
- Roasted peanuts
See recipe card below for quantities.
The first thing you are going to do is whip your double cream up until firm peaks have formed. Then you will add our condensed milk and peanut butter, whipping until all mixed together. After this you will add to moulds, place the peanuts on top and freeze! the final step is dunking in melted chocolate to surround your peanut butter ice cream bar with sweet chocolate.
Whip your double cream
Add your milk and peanut butter
Pipe into bar moulds and freeze
Dip in chocolate
Hint: make sure you use a bowl big enough to dip your bars in the chocolate easily. If you use a small bowl, it will make it difficult to dip and turn effectively.
This recipe is already dairy-free, plant-based and gluten-free. However, yo may still want to make some substitutions based on your preference.
- Peanut butter - you could substitute the peanuts out for any other nut butter. You could use cashews, almonds, pistachios.. anything that you fancy!
- Condensed milk - I used a vegan one but you could use a coconut one if you prefer.
- Chocolate - I used a sweet milk chocolate but you could use a dark/ milk or white.
The main bits of equipment you will need for this recipe is a standing mixer and some bar moulds. I have linked my LTK where you will find the standing mixer that I use, along with the moulds I used for these bars: https://liketk.it/4c3rr
Keep these peanut butter ice cream bars in the freezer and consume within 2 months.
Don't over whip the cream! only whip the cream until firm peaks before adding the condensed milk and peanut butter. Then only continue whipping until that is all combined.
I would recommend using a standing mixer as it will make your life 100x easier. You would be able to get away with using a hand-held electric whisk. it will just make your life a bit more difficult.
Yes! As long as you ensure that the chocolate and peanut butter has no traces of gluten then you are all good. None of these ingredients should have any gluten in but some companies sneak it in so just make sure.
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these:
Peanut Butter Ice Cream Bars
- 270 ml Double cream whippable
- 305 g Condensed milk
- 5 tablespoon Peanut butter creamy
- 50 g Roasted peanuts
- 360 g Milk chocolate
- In a standing mixer, whip your double cream on a medium-high speed until firm peaks has forms.
- Add your condensed milk. Continue whipping.
- Whilst the condensed milk is mixing, add your peanut butter until all combined. Do not over-whip.
- Place your mixture into a piping bag and pipe the mixture into bar moulds. I used silicone moulds.
- Freeze for a minimum of 3 hours. I freezed overnight.
- Melt your chocolate and pour into a bowl which will be easy to dip your bars in. Get your bars from the freezer the moment you want to dip them in chocolate. Dip them in one by one, turning with a spoon until fully coated. Place onto a freezable plate. I use a chopping board with baking paper around it to put my bars on!
- Refreeze for 5 minutes and then enjoy! You can keep them in the freezer and just get one out whenever you want.