These peaches and cream cupcakes are the perfect treat for the spring/summer time. They are fresh, sweet and very, very cute. The sponge is soft and moist and full of vanilla! The cupcakes are then topped with freshly whipped cream and chopped peaches.... the dream!
I used a mix of fresh peaches and tinned peaches. You do not have to do this but I actually LOVE the different flavours/ textures that both give. Feel free to just use fresh or tinned if you fancy though.
I hope you give these cupcakes a go! If you do, please let me know how you get on in the comments section below or on Instagram!
Peaches and Cream Cupcakes
- 170 g Flour plain, white, all-purpose
- 1 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 160 ml Milk unsweetened almond
- 100 g Sugar caster, super-fine, white
- ¾ teaspoon Baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 100 ml Vegetable oil
For the toppings
- 200 g Whipping double cream I used an oat-based one
- 1 Peach fresh
- 2 Peach halves from a tin
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/ 357F.
- Whisk milk and apple cider vinegar in a bowl. Once curdled, add your oil + sugar and combine. In a separate bowl, sieve the flour, baking powder, soda + salt and combine. Spoon your dry ingredients into your milk mixture, whisking as you go. Spoon the batter into cases.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Take your cupcakes out of the oven after 20 minutes and leave to cool. Whisk together the cream in a standing mixer on a high speed. Place the whipped cream into a piping bag and pipe onto the cupcakes in whatever way you wish. Dice your peaches into small pieces. Place on top of the cupcake. Enjoy!