These Strawberry Crêpes are the perfect, easy, vegan pancake option. They follow a classic Crêpe recipe and are then folded up and served with stewed strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream - a wonderful combination.
The best part of this recipe in my opinion is the toppings. Strawberries are such a delicious topping to Crêpes and the ice cream adds another layer of decadence and deliciousness. If you wanted to simplify this recipe you could just chop up some strawberries and throw them on the Crêpes fresh. However, in this recipe, I fry the strawberries briefly in coconut oil, sugar and a little bit of corn starch. This softens the strawberries and forms a sweet strawberry sauce. I love doing this to the strawberries but if you would rather have firm, fresh strawberries skip this stage!
You will only need 4 ingredients for the crêpes. They are flour, milk, oil and salt. For the strawberries, you will also need 4 ingredients. They are strawberries, diluted corn starch sugar and coconut oil. Keep scrolling for the full recipe quantities and instructions!
The Crêpes are very simple to make. They are made with flour, milk, oil and salt. You simply mix all of these ingredients together to form a thin Crêpe batter. Then, you add the pancake batter to a hot frying pan on a medium-high heat and let it cook! After a couple of minutes the Crêpes will be ready to flip and be all golden and delicious!
Add the batter
Fold the pancakes
Fry the pancakes
Add the strawberries and ice cream
You could switch up these Crêpes with whatever toppings you wanted. A simple lemon and sugar topping is always a winner or even nutella/ Biscoff spread. These Crêpes are versatile and will work with whatever toppings you are in the mood for.
I hope you love these strawberry Crêpes. If you want to give another pancake recipe a go you could try my chocolate CrÃªpe roll ups, peaches and ice cream pancakes or my classic chocolate chip fluffy pancakes!
Let me know how you get on with this recipe in the comments section below or via Instagram.
- 110 g Plain white flour
- 325 ml Milk of choice I used soy
- 2 ½ tablespoon Vegetable oil + extra for frying
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
For the Toppings
- 200 g Strawberries
- 1 teaspoon Corn starch diluted in 1 tablespoon cold water mix the starch and water together vigorously- there should be no lumps
- 2 tablespoon Caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2-4 tablespoon Vanilla ice cream however much of this you want!
- In a bowl, add your flour and salt. Combine together and then make a well in the centre of the bowl. Gradually add the milk into the well, whisking as you go. Don't do this step too quickly otherwise you will form big lumps in your batter. Then, add the oil and whisk together until all combined.
- Add a small amount of oil to a non-stick frying pan and then place onto a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add a ¼ cup of the pancake mixture and swirl it around so that a crêpe shape has formed. Once golden on the underside, flip it. This will take around a couple of minutes. Once flipped, leave it for a further minute before removing from the pan. Continue this process until all of the batter has gone- it should make around 6 crêpes.
- Chop the strawberries in halves and quarters- I did a mix. Add the coconut oil to a saucepan and place on a medium-high heat. When the oil is melted and hot, add the strawberries and fry for 1-2 minutes. Stir the strawberries whilst they are frying so that they don't stick to the pan. Once the strawberries have softened slightly, add the sugar and diluted cornstarch. Stir continuously, until the sugar has melted and the corn starch has helped to solidify a sauce. Remove from heat. This process of adding the sugar and cornstarch may only take around 20 seconds.
- Fold the pancakes into quarters (see picture below for guidance). Then, put them on the plates and add some strawberries on top. Finish with 1-2 scoops of vanilla ice cream and devour! You could add a little extra sugar at this final stage if you fancy the additional sweetness. ENJOY!