Want the experience of Ice Cream but without the hassle, hours of churning and also all the refined sugar etc? If so, this is the recipe for you! This healthy maple pecan ice cream is the perfect, refreshing summer recipe. Its creamy, indulgent and full of yummy chocolate and pecan chunks.
I am not usually one for 'healthy' desserts. I think that we should all be able to eat real, indulgent desserts when the craving hits. Buuut it is also nice to have a healthier option! Especially if you have a sweet tooth like me, and want something sweet every single day.....
This recipe uses only FIVE ingredients: bananas, coconut cream, maple syrup, pecans and chocolate chunks. This makes the recipe cheap and easy. You may already have most of these ingredients in your cupboard/ pantry! The whole process takes less than 10 minutes, because the only instruction within this recipe is to basically combine all of the ingredients together. The only potentially longer part of this recipe is the frozen bananas. If you already freeze bananas, you will have some handy! However, if you don't freeze bananas regularly, you will need to freeze some overnight. Therefore this recipe may require a small bit of preparation.
To blend your ice cream, you will need a high power food processor. This is important as the banana needs a high power to blend it into a smooth, creamy ice cream.
I chose maple, pecans and chocolate chips to include in this ice cream. However, you could switch this up and flavour with whatever you wish! The flavour of the ice cream is, obviously, banana so choose fillings that match this flavour to your preference!
I hope you love this healthy maple pecan ice cream recipe. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Healthy Maple Pecan Ice Cream
- 260 g Bananas frozen
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon Coconut cream
- 50 g Chopped pecans
- 30 g Chocolate chunks
- Freeze your bananas overnight. Before you freeze them, chop them up into quarters. This makes it easier to churn when you are ready to make the ice cream.
- Add your frozen bananas to the high power food processor. Add the coconut cream and maple syrup. Turn the processor on and churn until completely blended. This should only take around 20 seconds. Don't leave this on for too long as it will start to melt the ice cream. If needed, add another teaspoon of coconut cream.
- Add the chopped pecans and chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! You can place it back into the freezer for another 35 minutes to refreeze the ice cream. However, the texture may be slightly different when you spoon it out.