This Triple Chocolate Banana Ice Cream is the perfect, healthy, vegan sweet treat. With only five ingredients, this recipe is easy and quick to make. You are likely to already have most of the ingredients at home!
This recipe is made with frozen bananas, maple syrup, cocoa, coconut cream and chocolate chunks. It is surprisingly healthy but still very, very delicious. The frozen bananas create such a smooth, creamy texture which is a perfect replica for proper ice cream.
If you fancy switching up your breakfast, this would be a great option. It is essentially a smoothie but feels like you're eating ice cream- an absolute win. You can switch up the flavours and toppings to match your preference. For example, you could use fruit, caramel, biscuits, granola, etc. These would all be amazing with this recipe. Here is the link to my Maple and Pecan version of this ice cream, which is another great option for when you're in the mood for something less chocolatey.
To make this recipe, you will need a high power food processor/ blender. I use a Magimix Food Processor which is amazing. I use it for so many recipes and would definitely recommend if you are in the market for a food processor.
I hope you adore this Triple Chocolate Banana Ice Cream as much as I do. Let me know if you have any questions, or how you get on with this recipe, in the comments section below.
Triple Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- 280 g Frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup/ honey
- 4 tablespoon Coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 60 g Chocolate chunks mix of different chocs- white, dark, milk
- Freeze your bananas overnight. Before you freeze them, chop them up into quarters. This makes it easier to churn when your ready to make the ice cream.
- Add your frozen bananas to the high power food processor. Add the coconut cream, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Turn the processor on and churn until completely blended. This should only take around 30 seconds. Don't leave this on for too long as it will start to melt the ice cream. If needed, add another teaspoon of coconut cream.
- Add the chocolate chips. Mix together.
- Serve immediately and enjoy! Alternatively you can place it back into the freezer to refreeze the ice cream. However, the texture may be slightly different when you spoon it out. It is still delicious! Before spooning it out, allow it to sit outside of the freezer for 5-10 minutes to loosen up slightly.