These peaches and ice cream pancakes are so so so good! The pancakes are fluffy and American style. I love these kind of pancakes and they work perfectly with the peaches and cream combination. The peaches are fried in coconut oil and light brown sugar. This combination is honestly unreal.... the peaches go all soft and caramelised. If you love peaches, you will love these so much! I could eat a bowl of the peaches on their own to be honest.
The vanilla bean ice cream is the cherry on top of this cake. It melts into the warm peaches and pancakes which is DREAMY! I urge you to give these a try on pancake day. These would be a great choice for breakfast!
This pancake recipe follows my classic American style pancakes. They are made with flour, baking powder, milk, aquafaba, sugar and oil. It is a super simple recipe but forms some super delicious, fluffy pancakes. The baking powder provides height to the pancakes whilst the aquafaba acts as the egg substitute. Aquafaba is basically chickpea water. You can buy this from shops nowadays but if you can't find aquafaba to buy directly, you can literally use the water from a chickpea can!
The instructions for these peaches and ice cream pancakes is simple and quick. You will just need to make your batter and then fry them, stack them up and then add your caramelised peaches and ice cream... a dream come true.
Caramelise the peaches
Stack them up
If you fancy trying another type of pancakes, give my caramelised apple pancakes or chocolate chip pancakes a go! They are both also fluffy and American style so you may prefer that flavour profile. I also have some beautiful crepe recipes coming your way before pancake day if you are team crepe!
This recipe is already dairy-free and vegan. However, there are still some substitutions you may like to make.
- Peaches - instead of using peaches, you could use any fruit that you want!
- Flour - instead of plain white flour, you could use gluten free flour to make this gluten free. I recommend a 50/50 gluten-free flour.
You will need a frying pan to fry these babies up! You will also need another saucepan to caramelise the peaches. Beyond this, you would need a big bowl to make the pancake batter.
I don't recommend storing these pancakes. You should make and enjoy them fresh. You could however make the peaches in advance and store in an airtight container.
Let me know how you get on with this peaches and ice cream pancakes recipe in the comments section below or via Instagram.
Peaches and Ice Cream Pancakes
- 125 g Flour plain, white, all-purpose
- 2 teaspoon Baking powder
- 3 tablespoon Sugar
- 175 ml Nut milk I use almond but it is up to you!
- 3 tablespoon Aquafaba chickpea water
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable/ coconut oil + extra for frying if needed
For the peaches and ice cream
- 2 Peaches
- 2 tablespoon Soft light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 1-2 scoops Vanilla bean ice cream
- Whisk the flour, sugar and baking powder together in a large bowl. Pour the milk in and whisk until combined - keep whisking until there are no lumps. Add the aquafaba + vegetable oil and whisk again to combine.
- Heat a large frying pan on medium heat. Pour some vegetable oil in the pan and then use some kitchen paper to evenly wipe the oil across the surface - you don’t want loaaads of oil in the pan, just enough to cover the surface. Alternatively, use a non stick pan.
- Using a large spoon, pour the batter into the frying pan in even, circular shapes. After around 1 minute, you will see bubbles coming to the top of the pancakes. After this has happened, flip them over for another 20 seconds on the other side. This stage does depend on how hot your pan is so pay attention to the pancakes, if they seem ready, flip them!
- Slice your peaches up. Add the coconut oil to a saucepan on a medium-high heat. When this is melted and hot, drop the peaches into the saucepan. Fry these for 1-2 minutes. Mix as they are frying. Then add the soft brown sugar and mix together. Once the sugar has melted, take them off the heat- this stage won't take very long.
- If you don't want to multitask making the peaches alongside the pancakes, prepare the peaches before you start the pancake process.
- Once ready, stack the pancakes up onto a plate. Then add your peaches and Ice cream! Devour immediately.