If you are a fan of the peanut butter and jam combo, you're going to want to try this recipe. These Peanut Butter and Jam Biscuits are sweet, crumbly and a perfect biscuit treat.
The biscuit dough is made with peanut butter, infusing a wonderful peanut flavour to these biccies. The centre is filled with raspberry jam which pairs perfectly with the crumbly, peanut biscuit. You can tailor these biscuits to your preference. For example, if you way. prefer strawberry jam to raspberry jam, use strawberry. Equally, if you prefer cashew butter to peanut butter, use cashew butter! You could even completely switch this recipe up and go for an almond butter biscuit with apricot jam! That would be deliiiiish!
This is a pretty fail-safe recipe so if you find you normally struggle with baking, you shouldn't have any issues with this easy recipe. The ingredients you need are as follows: flour, ground flaxseeds, butter, sugar, vanilla, baking soda, peanut butter and jam. You may find that you already have most of these ingredients in your cupboard/ pantry, hopefully making this recipe accessible!
The only ingredient that might sound a bit strange is the ground flaxseed. If you are an avid vegan baker, you will know that flaxseed is often used in lieu of eggs. You can buy flaxseed already ground from most large supermarkets, making your life easier. However, if you can only find whole flaxseeds, you could easily whiz some of this into a thin powder form in a blender. Then you combine ground flaxseeds with water and leave it, it forms a gloopy egg-like substance, making it perfect for Vegan baking.
I hope you love this peanut butter and jam biscuits recipe as much as I do. As you can see in the pictures, I made these into heart shapes but you could do whatever shapes you want!
Let me know what you think in the comments section below or on Instagram.
Peanut Butter and Jam Biscuits
- 340 g Flour all-purpose, white, plain
- 3 Flax eggs 3 tablespoon ground flaxseeds diluted in 4 tablespoon water
- 230 g Butter
- 100 g Soft light brown sugar
- 100 g Sugar white, granulated
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 250 g Smooth peanut butter
- 4 tablespoon Raspberry/ strawberry jam
- In a standing mixer, place the butter, sugars, peanut butter and vanilla and mix on a medium speed until combined. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Place your diluted flax mixture and the dry ingredients into the standing mixture. Place on a medium heat, until the dough has mostly come together. Wrap your dough in cling film and place in the fridge overnight (you could just wait a few hours if you want).
- Pre-heat your oven to 180C. Unwrap the dough and cut in half. Start working with one half of the dough first. Add a generous amount of flour to your surface, and on top of the dough, before using your hands to press the dough down. If your dough is really crumbly don’t worry! It will come back together ones you have pressed it down. Intermittently use a rolling pin to thin the dough out to your desired biscuit thickness. This will require a decent amount of flour so don’t be shy. Use biscuit stencils to form whatever shape you desire, I did hearts for valentines but you could do standard shapes too! Ensure you cut the centre out of half the batch so that you can see the jam through the biscuit once baked!
- Place the biscuits onto a lined baking tray and bake for 12 minutes. You may have to do several batches. Leave the biscuits to cool.
- Take around ½ teaspoon jam and place into the middle of a base biscuit. Then press one of your hole biscuits on top. Consume immediately! Store in an airtight container to keep them crispy