These coco pops brownies are the perfect chocolate treat. I love brownies- I think they could be the best sweet treat ever? So my aim is to try as many variations of brownies as possible! These coco pops brownies are the next brownie adventure that I have been on. They are SO SO good. The mix of gooey brownies with crunchy coco pops is honestly dreamy.
The brownie layer is my classic brownies recipe. It is rich, gooey and has a crackly top. It is the perfect gooey brownie in my opinion and is pretty fail-safe. The top layer is a crunchy chocolate coco pops layer. It is made simply with coco pops and melted chocolate- it is SO easy to make and honestly would be great just on its own. Together, these layers complement one another so well and provide two opposing, delicious textures!
To make this, I use a square 15 cm baking tray with a removable bottom. If you use a bigger tray, your layers will be thinner so bear this in mind. If you want the same layer heights you may want to increase the ingredient amounts slightly. The removable bottom is a life saver with brownie recipes. It makes your life 100x easier when its time to remove the brownie from the baking tin. If you don't have one, it may be easier to slice the brownies before you remove them from the tray. But predict that they might look a little messier!
I hope you give these a go and love them! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments section below or on Instagram.
Lots of love,
Coco Pops Brownies
- 120 g Butter
- 120 ml Soy milk or any milk you want
- 250 g Sugar white, caster, super-fine
- 1 ½ tablespoon Vanilla extract
- 150 g Chopped chocolate
- 60 g Cocoa powder
- 160 g Flour plain, white, all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon Salt
For the Coco Pops Layer
- 50 g Coco Pops I used plant-based ones
- 125 g Chocolate of choice I chose a sweet dark choc
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F. Line the bottom of your baking tray with baking paper and grease the sides with a small amount of butter. Note, I used a small 15cm baking tray with a removable bottom for this recipe. If your baking tray is bigger, bear in mind that your brownies will be thinner than mine photographed. To combat this, you could increase the ingredient amounts
- In a saucepan, melt your butter on a low heat. Once melted, add your milk, sugar and vanilla extract and combine. Then add the chocolate. Take off the heat and continue stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
- In a large bowl, sieve the flour, cocoa powder and salt. Combine together with a spoon.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix together.
- Pour the brownies into your lined baking tray. Bake your brownies for 20 minutes. When they come out, they may seem gooey on the inside- this will firm up once they are cooled. They will form the best gooey brownie! If you do want yours less gooey, keep them in for longer. Once the time is up, remove the brownies from the oven and leave the brownies to completely cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the coco pops and melted chocolate. Mix it together until it is completely incorporated!
- On top of your cooled brownie layer, add the coco pops mixture. Press this on lightly so that all of the coco pops are evenly distributed. Then chill the brownies for around 1 hour.
- Once the brownies are chilled, slice them up and devour! They will last a good few days if you store in an airtight container.