These vegan nutella rolls are next level. They have a soft, sweet dough paired with a silky, hazelnutty chocolate spread. Topped with a chocolate frosting, these vegan nutella rolls are a crowd pleaser!
This recipe is fully vegan, even down to the nutella. You can buy various different vegan nutellas nowadays but the one I used (which is AMAZING) is by Monty Bojangles. I have linked it here: https://amzn.to/3E2Q3w6 (aff). I really recommend this vegan chocolate hazelnut spread because it tastes so much like nutella and works perfectly in this recipe.
To make this recipe extra special, it only takes around ONE hour to make. If you have tried any of my other roll recipes, like my biscoff rolls or apple cinnamon rolls, you will know that I don't like long-winded roll recipes. Some cinnamon roll recipes take all day to make, or even require an overnight prove. I am not about that life and don't think that we need to wait that long for an amazing roll experience. These vegan nutella rolls only require a 30 minute proove and 20 minutes in the oven. This means that along with the preparation time, these rolls could be ready for you in one singular hour!
Despite how quick these nutella rolls take to make, they do not cut out any flavour or deliciousness. They are SO SO good. Straight out of the oven, the dough is super soft and warm. This combined with the melting, sweet vegan nutella makes a dreamy experience.
Roll them up
Put them in a baking tray
Devour all of them!
Let me know if you have any questions about these vegan nutella rolls. You can leave me a comment in the comments section below or message me in Instagram. If you try them, show me! I love to see all of your recreations so much. It makes me very happy!
I hope you love them as much as I do. Enjoy!
Vegan Nutella Rolls
- 700 g Flour all-purpose, white, plain
- 14 g Yeast dry, instant
- 110 g Sugar white, granulated
- 480 g Soy milk
- 115 g Butter melted
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 400 g Nutella
For the Frosting
- 4 tablespoon Butter
- 2 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 115 g Icing sugar
- Warm your milk up until it is luke warm (either in the stove or in the microwave). Once your milk is the right temperature, pour it into a large bowl. Add the sugar and the yeast. Combine together with a whisk very briefly, for 1-2 seconds. Let it sit for 5 minutes.
- After the five minutes, add the melted butter, 600g / 5 cups flour and salt to the yeast bowl. Spoon it together until all combined. It will be quite wet and will look lumpy at this stage - don't worry it is supposed to look like this. Then, add your dough to a standing mixer with a dough mixer attached. Place it on a slow speed and allow the dough to come together in the mixer. Add the rest of the flour (100g / 1 cup) as it mixes. A dough ball should form and the dough should pull away from the sides of the mixer. When it does, you can stop the mixer. Add slightly more flour if needed. Once ready, cover your bowl with a towel and let it rise for 30 minutes. Ideally let the dough rise in a warm area.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F.
- After the 30 minutes is up, flour a clean surface generously. Put the dough onto the surface then scatter some more flour on top. Use a rolling pin to roll the dough out into a large rectangular shape which is around 1-2cm thick.
- Put your chocolate hazelnut spread into a bowl and warm it up briefly (for around 30 seconds) to loosen it up. You could do this easily in the microwave. This will make it easier to spread onto the dough.
- Pour your warmed vegan nutella onto your rolled dough and spread it out, covering all edges. Then, roll the dough up and cut it into 11 equal roll pieces. You could cut them into 11 strips and then roll them up if you find this easier! Place them into a large baking tray.
- Once all of the rolls are in the baking tray, place them into the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the butter (3 tbsp), cocoa and icing sugar and combine. If you want it thicker, add more icing sugar and if you want it a bit looser, add more butter.
- When the vegan nutella rolls are out of the oven, spread the chocolate frosting on top. Then, devour! I hope you love these so much.