Tiramisu fan? Crêpe fan? Then this Tiramisu Crêpe Cake is definitely for you.
In this dessert, the classic vegan crepes are layered with sweet whipped cream, finished with lashings of cocoa powder and then drizzled with the most moreish chocolate coffee sauce (which I could literally drink from a cup). If you are looking for a showstopper dessert, one that impresses the people around you whilst also nodding to an all-time classic, you need to make this!
I am a big lover of tiramisu (who isn't?!). The combo of chocolate and coffee is one that is undeniably delish. Those flavours come through in the aforementioned, addictive choc-coffee sauce which just make this dessert one you want to go back for more and more and more.
I will note, this is a bit of a labour of love. It is not a quick dessert. If you want easier, quicker desserts look at my other dessert recipes here. The longest element of the dessert is the crepe making. I only have one pan suitable for crepes so the process of making approx 16 crepes was a long one. You can make the crepes ahead of time if timing is an issue! Also having multiple pans on the go would help this too.
I'm guessing you just want to get to the recipe now so keep scrolling, you're nearly there! Enjoy this dessert. Leave me a comment below if you make it, I would love to hear from you.
P.S. before you hate on this idea and think this is a sin to the Italian gods, this is clearly not a classic tiramisu. This is a crepe cake with tiramisu flavours. It is not trying to be a classic tiramisu, only an ode to the wonderful flavours of the beloved dessert.
If you want to watch the video of me making this, click here. Let me know how you get on. G x
Tiramisu Crêpe Cake
- 500 g Flour plain, white, all-purpose
- 70 ml Vegetable oil
- 1100 ml Soy milk
- 6 tablespoon Sugar white, granulated
- 2-3 tablespoon Butter for frying
For the cream filling
- 750 g Double cream to whip
- 100 g Sugar white, granulated
For the coffee sauce
- 1 teaspoon Strong ground coffee
- 120 g Water
- 160 g Chocolate
- 1 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- 15 g Cocoa powder for the top of the cake
- Combine the flour, oil, soy milk and 6 tablespoon sugar together in a LARGE bowl. Whisk together until combined. Using a large frying pan on medium- high heat, grease the pan with butter lightly. Pour some of your crêpe mixture in. Flip after 1-2 minutes. Repeat this process over and over until the mixture is gone. The mixture should make approx 16 crepes. Leave your crêpes to cool.
- Whilst your crêpes are cooling, make your coffee sauce. Place the water and coffee granules in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Add your chocolate into the water and whisk until melted. Add your cocoa powder and whisk again, until all combined. Place into the fridge to cool/ set.
- Place the whippable cream and 100g sugar into a standing mixer on a high speed for around 4 minutes, or until the cream has fully whipped.
- Layer the crêpes with an even amount of the cream mixture. Then sieve a ridiculous amount of cocoa powder on the top layer. I suggested around 15g but you can alter this to your own preference. Slice and then, most importantly, pour your chocolate coffee sauce on top. You could also layer with the coffee sauce if you wanted, but I prefer it as a sauce. ENJOY!