These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars are to die for. Every time I make them, I am always surprised with how well they go down! They are so so simple and easy to make but they also really pack a punch with how delicious they are.
If you are a Peanut Butter fan, you need to try these. The chocolate layer is made out of chocolate and peanut butter. This creates the most wonderful nutty, chocolatey ganache topping- an absolute dream if you are a praline fan. The bottom section is crispy and sweet, giving these bars a beautiful crunch. This pairs perfectly with the chocolate top layer.
Using mostly ingredients you will find laying around your cupboards, this is a super quick NO-BAKE recipe. The main ingredients you need are: Cornflakes, Golden syrup (corn syrup if you aren't from the UK), Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
These are quick to make so if you fancy a sweet treat for later today, make these now and enjoy them in a couple of hours! Similar to how I enjoyed them in the photos on this page, I didn't wait for the chocolate layer to fully set. If you want a wonderful soft, melted chocolate experience do the same. You can achieve this by only leaving them to set for around 30 minutes. If you would rather that your top layer is firmer, leave for longer.
Mix the sugar, syrup and peanut butter
Press into baking tin
Mix in the cornflakes
Add chocolate ganache and salt
This recipe is already dairy-free and vegan. However, there are still some substitutions you may like to make.
- Peanut Butter - instead of using peanut butter for the ganache you could use Biscoff spread or any other kind of nut butter. You could also make a ganache out of equal parts coconut milk and chocolate. This would make another decadent, delicious ganache!
- Cornflakes - instead of cornflakes, you could use any other cereal like coco pops, shredded wheat or Weetabix!
Use a baking tray with a removable bottom (I used a 15cm one) for the slices. You will also really only need basic kitchen equipment like a mixing bowl, saucepan and spoon!
Store the peanut butter and chocolate bars in an airtight container at room temperature. Good for 4-5 days.
Use a baking tray with a removable bottom! This sounds simple but it will make a world of a difference when you are trying to get the bars out of the pan. Also, if you want to enjoy these a bit softer, don't leave the chocolate ganache to fully set. That is what I did in the pictures and you can see its all silky and soft.. SO yum!
I really hope you enjoy this peanut butter and chocolate bars recipe as much as I do. Let me know how you get on in the comments below.
To watch me make these bars, click here. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Bars
- 170 g Cornflakes
- 140 g Golden syrup
- 150 g Peanut butter a creamy one - not thin
- 100 g Soft light brown sugar
- 225 g Chocolate I chose a sweet dark one
- 3 tablespoon Peanut butter a creamy one - not thin
- 1 teaspoon Flaky salt optional
- In a bowl, whisk together the sugar, golden syrup and peanut butter (this might be a bit difficult to start with, but persevere!) Place this mixture into a saucepan on a medium heat for a few minutes, until it has become a bit melted and easier to work with. In a large bowl, place your cornflakes and the peanut butter mixture. Combine together. Melting the PB mixture in a pan will help you combine with the cornflakes. Once combined, place into a square baking tray and press down firmly.
- Melt the chocolate. Then add the peanut butter once completely melted. Combine. Pour the mixture on top of the crunchy layer. Leave to set for around 30mins - 1 hour. The longer you leave it, the more set the chocolate will be. Sprinkle the flaky salt on top and devour!