Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies: a classic, staple, delicious recipe. Cookies are something I come back to when baking time and time again- they are timeless! These are the perfect classic style of chocolate chip cookie. They have a crumbly, crispy exterior but are soft and gooey in the middle. Filled with chocolate chunks, you are sure to love these as much as I do.
This is a super easy recipe, with the time in the oven being around 18 minutes. Further, this recipe requires ingredients which are mostly cupboard/ pantry essentials! This means that making these cookies is a quick, easy and cheap process.
Despite how easy this recipe is, these cookies don't miss out on any flavour or deliciousness! In my opinion, they have the perfect texture for a cookie and the pools of chocolate are divine. If you would prefer a thinner, more buttery cookie, try my brown butter chocolate chip cookie recipe. Alternatively, if you are feeling up for double chocolate, click here for my recipe.
If you wanted, you could switch this recipe up and add whatever you fancied. For example, you could use white choc instead of milk. You could add some fruit or nuts if you wanted. The next cookie I am planning on making is a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie.... but you could beat me to it and make them first by simply subbing out the milk choc for white and adding macadamia nuts to the mix!
I hope you love this vegan chocolate chip cookies recipe. Please let me know in the comments below how you get on or if you have any questions!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100 g Sugar caster, white
- 100 g Soft light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon Milk I used almond
- 225 g Flour plain, white, all-purpose
- ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 125 g Unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 120 g Chocolate chopped roughly
- ¼ teaspoon Baking soda
- ½ teaspoon Salt + extra flaky salt for the top
- Melt your butter and place into a large bowl. Add the two sugars and whisk together for a minute or so. Then, add your milk and vanila and combine. Then, add your flour, baking powder, soda and salt. Mix together until all incorporated. Then, add your chopped chocolate and combine until evenly distributed.
- Form 6 cookie dough balls with an ice cream scooper and place them onto baking paper. Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°C/ 356°F before you are ready to bake.
- Place the cookie dough balls onto a lined baking tray (lined with baking paper). Leave a gap between them so that they won't touch. I did 4 on one baking tray and two on another. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until they are crispy on the outside but still gooey on the middle. If you bake them for much longer, they will get less gooey and not as nice in my opinion! Scatter some flaky salt on top when they are out of the oven!
- Enjoy the cookies warm! Or store in an airtight container. I hope you love them!