These healthy chocolate truffles are unbelievably good. They are made with only THREE ingredients and can come together in 30 minutes (with a 20 minute fridge period). So really, this takes about 10 minutes of effort and you can have some beautiful delicious healthy chocolate truffles. Trust me, this little bit of effort really pays off!
To make it even better, these are pretty healthy. They are definitely a healthier way to enjoy a truffle compared to classic truffles! They are also completely vegan, dairy-free, gluten-free and nut-free! I urge you to give these a go and see what you think!
The three ingredients in these truffles are Chocolate, Avocado and Cocoa Powder. That's it! You may already have these ingredients in your household ready to go. I am normally a bit cynical when it comes to putting things like avocado in a dessert... I tend to think that the traditional way of making a dessert is the best way. BUT these truffles are different. They are honestly really yummy and I couldn't stop eating them.
I will make one note, if you don't like avocado at all, these might not be for you. The overpowering taste of these is chocolate but you get little tastes of avocado. I think this is delicious and works really well. But I LOVE avocado. So if you're like me, an avocado fan, I'm sure you will enjoy these. But this may not be the truffle for you if you are completely avocado averse.
This is an insanely easy recipe and the instructions are very simple to follow. You are going to melt chocolate, blend avocado, make into balls, roll in cocoa powder and then devour. Easy and insanely good!
Prep the avo
Make little balls
Prep the chocolate
Coat in cocoa powder
This recipe is already dairy-free and vegan. However, there are still some substitutions you may like to make based on your preference.
- Avocado - instead of using avocado, you could actually use banana instead!
Use a food processor to blend the melted chocolate and avocado. This will make your life way easier than smashing the avo. Also, it produces a nice, smooth truffle!
Store the truffles in an airtight container in the fridge. Good for 2-3 days.
I hope you love this healthy chocolate snack as much as I do. It is definitely a new staple in my household which I will be making time and time again!
Let me know how you get on with these healthy chocolate truffles in the comments section below or via Instagram!
Healthy Chocolate Truffles
- 150 g Avocado
- 180 g Chocolate a sweet chocolate, otherwise your truffle will be bitter
- 3 tablespoon Cocoa powder
- In a saucepan/ bain-marie, melt your chocolate.
- In a high power food processor/ blender, place your avocado and melted chocolate. Blitz together until all combined and smooth.
- Place your avocado/ chocolate mixture into a bowl and put it in the fridge for 20 minutes. This will help it set/ solifify.
- Once your mixture has cooled briefly, let's create the truffle balls! Using a spoon, spoon a small amount of the mixture into your hand. Use your hands to form a ball shape. This will be quite messy but you should be able to create ball shapes. If you think your mixture is too loose, you could pop it back in the fridge for a little bit to set further.
- Place your cocoa powder in a bowl. Once you have made a truffle with your hands, place it straight into the cocoa powder bowl and move it around until it is fully coated. Once you have coated each truffle ball, place them onto a plate/ storage container.
- Devour the truffles immediately! I hope you love them.