These cinnamon apple cheesecake overnight oats are the perfect breakfast. I was playing around with flavours and thought i'd try a cheesecake overnight oats combined with one of my favourite things: cinnamon apples. It was SOOOO good that I thought I needed to share.
The oats are simple. They are prepared a night in advance and contain oats (obviously), milk, cream cheese and honey/ maple syrup. This combo alone is delicious. It is sweet and super creamy. Then, I placed a layer of yoghurt on top for extra creaminess. Finally, this breakfast is topped with cinnamon apples. These are soft, sweet and have a cinnamon sauce coating the apples. They are made by frying the apples then adding sugar, cinnamon, corn starch and water.... it doesn't sound like much but trust me, they are so good!
Once they had soaked up all the goodness overnight, I divided the oats into two smaller glasses which I thought looked aesthetic. You can put the oats in whatever you want: a bowl, mug, glass, jar. Whatever you want! You also can eat the oats straight out of whatever you put them in the night before.
I am going to do some other variations of this recipe because it is so yummy! In the time being, you could sub the apples out for another fruit if you fancied. For example, berries, mangoes or even chocolate would work great here.
I hope you love these cinnamon apple cheesecake overnight oats as much as I do. This is a sweet recipe so if you aren't a major fan of sweetness, use unsweetened milk and potentially reduce the sugar in the apples. If you are a fan of sweetness, this could be served as a dessert! Or of course, for a delicious breakfast.
Let me know how you get on in the comments section below! Check out my cinnamon apple rolls for a similar flavour experience.
Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake Overnight Oats
- 80 g Rolled oats
- ¾ cup Oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon Cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon Maple syrup/ honey
- 4 tablespoon Yoghurt of choice
For the Cinnamon Apples
- 1 ½ Apples peeled, finely slices
- 3 tablespoon Soft light brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon Cornstarch diluted in 1 ½ tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoon Water
- 1 tablespoon Coconut oil for frying
- In a medium sized bowl, add your oats, milk, cream cheese and maple syrup/ honey. Mix together well. Cover and place into the fridge overnight, or for a minimum of 3 hours.
- When you are ready to eat the oats, make your cinnamon apples. Add 1 tablespoon coconut oil to a frying pan on medium-high heat. Add your thinly sliced apples and fry for around 4 minutes. This should cook the apples and add some colour to the edges of the apples. Then, add the sugar, cinnamon, diluted corn starch and water. Mix together quickly, until all combined. Continue mixing until the apples have a cinnamon sauce coating (about 1 minute). Then remove from heat.
- Its time to eat the oats! If you want, you can divide your oats into two separate bowls like I did. Alternatively, you could enjoy the oats from the bowl you made them in last night. If you want the oats to be looser, add a little bit more milk! Then, add a layer of yoghurt on top of the oats. Finish with some of the cinnamon apples. Then DEVOUR! I hope you enjoy!