These chocolate Crêpe roll ups are SO good. They have a classic French veganised Crêpe which is stuffed with your chocolate bar of choice and then rolled up. When the Crêpe is nice and warm, the chocolate melts which forms the most delicious, indulgent pancake experience.
I love Crêpes so much. When I was younger, we always ate Crêpes on pancake day for dinner. We would have sweet and savoury ones which were always SO good. My dad used to make them for us and it's a really fond memory of mine. I like to continue that tradition on every pancake day. This means I intend to eat fluffy, American-style pancakes (like these peaches and ice cream pancakes) throughout the day on Shrove Tuesday and then eat some classic Crêpes in the evening. This way I am eating multiple versions of pancakes on pancake day- the only way to do it!
This recipe is a fun twist on a classic Crêpe. Lemon and sugar is always a solid, delicious choice. However, this is a definite contender for one of the most delicious ways to eat Crêpes. If you are a chocolate fan then you will undoubtedly love these!
You will need the following....
Keep scrolling for full quantities and instructions!
If you make your Crêpes one by one, it is important to roll them up as soon as you take them off the frying pan and start rolling them up with chocolate. Once you have rolled them all up, you might want to warm them up again briefly before serving to re-melt the chocolate. Alternatively, eat them as you go!!
Start folding the Crêpes
Add the chocolate
Fold the other side
Roll it up!
This recipe is already dairy-free and vegan. However, there are still some substitutions you may like to make.
- Chocolate - you could choose to fill these with whatever you want. Peanut butter, jam, sugar, lemon.. whatever you wish!
You will need a large frying pan (or crêpe pan), big enough to make the crêpes.
Enjoy these crêpes fresh and warm! If your choc doesn't fully melt, you can pop this in the oven or microwave briefly.
Don't put TOO much chocolate in the roll up. I know that is not normally something that I would say but if you put too much in it it may not fully melt. Also, you really need to roll the chocolate in the crêpes whilst they are still warm, when they have just been fried. This is so that the choc melts! If you wait too long, they won't melt. But don't worry you could briefly put them in the oven/ microwave and it will melt again.
I hope you love these Chocolate Crêpe Roll Ups as much as I do. Please let me know what your Pancake day memories are in the comments section below or on Instagram. Also let me know how you get on with this recipe!
Chocolate Crêpe Roll Ups
- 220 g Flour plain, all-purpose
- 650 ml Nut milk
- 5 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 12 Chocolate bars of choice these need to be thin and long so that they melt
- 2 tablespoon Sugar golden, caster
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, add your flour and salt. Combine together and then make a well in the centre of the bowl. Gradually add the milk into the well, whisking as you go. Don't do this step too quickly otherwise you will form big lumps in your batter. Then, add the oil and whisk together until all combined.
- Add a small amount of oil to a non-stick frying pan and then place onto a medium heat. Once the pan is hot, add a ¼ cup of the pancake mixture and swirl it around so that a crêpe shape has formed. Once golden on the underside, flip it. This will take around a couple of minutes. Once flipped, leave it for a further minute before removing from the pan.
- Fold the Crêpes in on each side, before adding the chocolate and rolling it up to form the roll up shape. See the pictures below for help with this. If you are using nutella or Biscoff spread instead, spread this all over the pancake and then roll it up! Continue this process of frying the Crêpes and rolling them up with your chocolate bar of choice until all of the pancake mixture is finished.
- In a small bowl, combine your sugar and cinnamon. This stage is optional and not necessary if you don't want the roll ups too sweet- the chocolate already adds a lot of sweetness!
- Sprinkle some Cinnamon sugar on top of the roll ups before devouring them! If you make sure your Crêpes are warm enough when you are rolling them, the chocolate should melt. If your chocolate needs a bit more of a nudge, warm them briefly in the oven / microwave. ENJOY! Happy pancaking 🙂