This easy chocolate ganache recipe is one which you are going to want to try. The flavour is rich, decadent and super chocolatey whilst the texture is silky and smooth with a beautiful shiny top. The recipe can be enjoyed straight from a bowl with different toppings- fruit, granola, nuts etc or used in other recipes (see below for ideas!)
Ganache recipes tend to be non-vegan because of the use of heavy cream. However, subbing with full-fat coconut milk is a perfect alternative, creating a similarly creamy, decadent ganache. If you are intolerant to coconut, or just don't like it, you could use a vegan double cream instead. I haven't tried this with any specific vegan cream brand but I am sure this will work.
If you fancy, you could just spoon this out into a bowl, pour on some olive oil + flaky sea salt and eat with a spoon (I have done this many times). However, this recipe is super versatile and could be used in conjunction with many other recipes.
One way that I use this recipe frequently is using it for my chocolate drips down the side of cakes.... again, its fail-safe. The way I do this is to make the ganache as normal but I don't leave it to set fully. I leave it to cool for around 5-10 minutes before pouring some into a piping bag. It will be very liquidy at this stage, which is perfect for dripping! Cut a tiny hole in the end of the piping bag and then carefully pour drips down the side of the cake, with around 1 cm between each drip. Ensure that you add more and less drips so that the cake has different variations across the cake (see the pictures below). Ideally, you will do this with a cold cake, as this means the ganache will set straight away!
So, if you want the easiest chocolate ganache recipe ever? Look no further. I have created this SUPER easy recipe which is fail-safe and delicious.
With only two ingredients, you really can't go wrong with this easy chocolate ganache recipe. I hope you love it. Let me know below! G
Easy Chocolate Ganache
- 400 ml Coconut Milk full fat from a tin
- 390 g Chocolate
- Finely chop your chocolate. You could do this with a sharp knife or with a food processor. For the latter, place all the chocolate in the food processor and blend very briefly. This is such a quick way to chop chocolate, so it is the way I always use!
- In a saucepan, pour the coconut milk in and place on a medium-high heat. Bring the milk to a boil.
- Once chopped, place the chocolate into a large bowl.
- Take your saucepan with the boiled coconut milk and pour this milk onto the chopped chocolate. Ensure that all of the chocolate is covered with the hot milk. Leave this for 3 minutes.
- After the 3 minutes, use a whisk to mix the chocolate and coconut milk together. It should form a beautiful, silky, shiny chocolate ganache.
- Place your bowl into the fridge for at least two hours to set. Then spoon out and enjoy!