This healthy no-bake vanilla cheesecake is a great way to start my healthy dessert recipe series. This cheesecake is refined sugar free, vegan, gluten free and of course, dairy free. It is made entirely out of healthy ingredients, with none of the nasties. This makes this cheesecake a great option if you fancy something sweet but still super super healthy. It is also no-bake which makes this recipe EASY to make, with little faffing.
The base of this cheesecake is made with gluten free biscuits, dates and coconut oil. This forms a wonderfully sweet, crumbly base. If you don't care about this dessert being gluten free, you could use any biscuits for the base, its up to you! The main 'cheese' layer of this cheesecake is made with cashews, cream cheese, vanilla, coconut cream, lemon, maple syrup and salt. This forms a creamy, sweet, vanilla centre which is a perfect healthy alternative to cheesecake. This layer is solidified in the fridge. Therefore, if you leave this cheesecake at room temperature it won't set properly! I recommend letting this set in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving. Then, store the cheesecake in the fridge.
If you love the nuttier, date desserts you are going to LOVE this! Its an ideal healthier dessert option. If you want to opt for a more indulgent cheesecake, try my chocolate orange cheesecake or caramelised orange cheesecake. Please let me know if you have any questions about this healthy no-bake vanilla cheesecake and show me if you make it!
Healthy No-Bake Vanilla Cheesecake
- 300 g Cashews soaked- see instructions
- 60 g Coconut cream the thick bit, not the water
- ½ Lemon juice medium sized
- 120 ml Maple syrup/ honey
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla bean paste
- 300 g Cream cheese
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
For the Biscuit Base
- 180 g Biscuits I used GF, refined sugar free biscuits but this is up to you
- 6 Pitted medjool dates
- 4 tablespoon Coconut oil
- For this recipe to be perfectly creamy, you need your cashews to be super soft. The way to do this is to soak them properly. This can be done overnight, in a bowl of water. Or if you are stripped for time, place the cashews in boiling hot water for 1 hour.
- In a food processor, place the dates, biscuits and coconut oil. Blitz together until a fine crumb has formed. Then, press your biscuit mixture into a baking tin with a removable bottom. For this recipe, I used an 8 inch baking tray. The removable bottom will make your life 100x easier so I recommend using a tin with a removable bottom. Press the biscuit base until it is evenly distributed in the tin.
- In a high power blender, place the soaked cashews, cream cheese, coconut cream, vanilla paste, maple syrup, salt and lemon juice. Blend until it is completely smooth (this may take a good few minutes). Pour this into your baking tin and use a spoon/ palette knife to evenly spread the layer out. Place into the fridge for a minimum of 4 hours. You could leave this in the fridge overnight!
- Once your cheesecake is set and out of the fridge, decorate with fresh berries! I chose strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. You could do a chocolate/ peanut butter topping if you would prefer.
- Slice this up and serve. Store in the fridge. ENJOY 🙂