This peanut butter pie is SO good that I had multiple slices in one day. If you are a fan of peanut butter, you are going to LOVE this. It has a crumbly Oreo cheesecake crust and a creamy peanut butter filling. Topped with melted chocolate, Biscoff spread and chocolate chunks. This dessert is a SHOWSTOPPER and you need to make it!
The filling is SO delicious. It is made with cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, vanilla extract and whipped cream. It is the perfect pairing to the Oreo cheesecake base which is made with Oreos and coconut oil. This peanut butter pie is ready in just a few hours. It needs to set in the fridge for a little bit but the wait is not very long! You can also make this ahead of time and keep it in the fridge overnight to serve the following day. This makes this a perfect dessert to make for an event or dinner party. All you will need for this recipe is listed below.
- Cream cheese
- Icing sugar
- Peanut butter
- Whippable double cream
- Vanilla extract
- Oreo biscuits
- Coconut oil
The process of these instructions is pretty simple. You will combine peanut butter, icing sugar, vanilla extract and cream cheese. Then, you will whip up double cream separately before folding the cream into the cheesecake mixture. Then you will add this to your Oreo cheesecake base and chill for a minimum of 3 hours. Although I recommend chilling overnight for best results.
Mix the pb and cream cheese
Add to the biscuit base
Add the whipped cream
- Peanut Butter - instead of using peanut butter, you could use another spread like Nutella.
- Oreos - instead of Oreos you could use any other biscuits that you like. Digestives, graham crackers or even hobnobs would work amazingly here.
The key bits of equipment I think are important for this recipe are as follows. Your life will be 100x easier if you have an 8 inch baking tray with a removable bottom! The removable bottom will help you release the pie SO much easier! It will get messy if you don't have the removable bottom. The second thing that I think is important is a standing mixer/ hand mixer. In the recipe, you need to whip some double cream into firm peaks. This is made easier with a standing mixer or hand mixer. You can do this by hand but it will take a long time.
Store the peanut butter pie in the fridge for 4-5 days... although it might not last that long. You could also freeze this cheesecake and then thaw before eating!
Press the biscuit crumb all the way up the sides so that you have extra cheesecake crust... it is so good! Equally, you could put it all on the bottom and have a thicker bottom cheesecake crust.
I hope you love this peanut butter pie as much as I do. Please let me know how you get on with it in the comments section below or on Instagram!
Lots of love
Peanut Butter Pie
- 290 g Cream cheese
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 270 g Peanut butter a creamy one
- 270 ml Double cream I used an oat based one
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 200 g Oreo biscuits
- 3 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 2 tablespoon Melted chocolate
- 2 tablespoon Melted Biscoff spread
- 3 tbsp Chocolate chunks
- In a food processor, blitz the oreo biscuits into a fine crumb. Then add the melted coconut oil and blitz again. Once combined, press the biscuit crumb into an 8 inch baking tin with a removable bottom. Press it around the edges of the tin as well as the bottom. Place into the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, peanut butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Use a hand electric whisk to do this. In a separate bowl, whip up the double cream until firm peaks have formed. I used a standing mixer to do this. Once firm peaks have formed, add this cream to the other peanut butter mixture bowl. Use the hand mixer again to combine it all together. A lovely creamy peanut butter filling mixture will form!
- Add the peanut butter filling to the cheesecake crust in the baking tin. Even it out with a spatula. Leave to chill for a minimum of 3 hours in the fridge. Leave overnight to fully set.
- Decorate the top of the pie with whatever you fancy. I chose melted butter, Biscoff spread and chocolate chunks. You could do whatever you wanted!
- Slice it up and enjoy! Please let me know how you get on.