This easter cheesecake is the PERFECT dessert to make for easter. The flavour is vanilla - a classic cheesecake flavour that you cannot beat! However, this cheesecake is elevated with eggs mixed throughout the 'cheese' element and finished with more eggs and nests on top! It is beautiful for the centre of your easter table.
To make this recipe even better, it is pretty easy to make, coming together in around 30 minutes. You have to then chill it for a good few hours, but the making process is simple and quick. Meaning that you could make this on Saturday, leave it in the fridge overnight and serve it on Easter Sunday!
The 'cheese' element of this Easter Cheesecake is made perfect by the brand Nush. Nush makes various plant-based alternatives to yoghurts and cream cheese which are all fabulous. In this recipe I used their cream 'cheese' which is made entirely with almonds. It worked perfectly in this recipe and it helped the finished result being a creamy, delicious cheesecake. I would recommend trying their cream 'cheese' with this recipe as it worked perfectly.
The key bits of equipment that I think are important for this recipe are a hand whisk and standing mixer. These are important when combining the cream 'cheese', sugar and vanilla extract and also whipping the double cream up to firm peaks. I also suggest using a baking tin with a removable bottom to make this recipe 100x easier. The tin I used is 8 inches and deep!
If you fancy trying another flavour a go, check out my nutella cheesecake, chocolate orange cheesecake or healthy vanilla cheesecake. I hope you enjoy this Easter Cheesecake recipe! Please do let me know if you give it a go and show me any pictures on Instagram! I love to see your recreations.
- 530 g Cream cheese Nush almond spread
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 270 ml Whippable double cream I used a plant-based double cream
- 300 g Biscuits of choice
- 150 g Unsalted butter
- 225 g Chocolate 'mini eggs' crushed
- 50 g Chocolate
- 2 Shredded wheat
- 75 g Chocolate 'mini eggs'
- In a food processor, blitz the biscuits into a fine crumb. Then add the melted butter and blitz again. Once combined, press the biscuit crumb into a deep 8-inch baking tin with a removable bottom. Press it around the edges of the tin as well as the bottom. Place into the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the Nush Almond cream cheese, icing sugar and vanilla extract. Use a hand electric whisk to do this. In a separate bowl, whip up the double cream until firm peaks have formed. I used a standing mixer to do this. Once firm peaks have formed, add the whipped cream to the cream cheese mixture bowl. Use the hand mixer again to combine it all together. A lovely creamy cheesecake filling mixture will form!
- Add your crushed eggs to the cheesecake mixture and fold together until the eggs are incorporated throughout the cheesecake filling.
- Add the cheesecake filling to the cheesecake crust in the baking tin. Even it out with a spatula. Leave to chill for a minimum of 5 hours in the fridge. I like to leave mine overnight in the fridge and serve it the next day!
- When you are nearly ready to serve your cheesecake (once it has fully set), it is time to make some Easter decorations! To make the chocolate nests for the top of your cheesecake, melt your chocolate and break your shredded wheat apart. Mix together in a bowl and then shape into a 'nest' shape. Leave an indent in the middle of the nest so that you will be able to place some eggs in there later. Leave to set.
- Remove your cheesecake from the baking tin by carefully pushing the bottom up. Then decorate the top of your cheesecake with your chocolate nest and the chocolate eggs. You can get creative with this bit and do whatever you fancy! See below to see how I decorated it. Then, serve it up and ENJOY!