This vegan nutella cheesecake is soft, creamy, sweet and entirely delicious. This cheesecake is made with a base of oreos and a filling of chocolate and hazelnut cream cheese. This is such a good cheesecake, especially if you are a nutella lover.
Nutella the brand is not actually vegan but you can now get so many different veganised versions of this chocolate hazelnut spread. They taste EXACTLY like the real thing so although 'Nutella' isn't actually used here, I wanted to keep the word in the title of this recipe so that you knew exactly what flavour to expect.
This vegan nutella cheesecake is easy and quick to make. The perfect thing about this is that you can freeze it for a couple of days and then just get it out to thaw before you want to serve it. This means that you can be super prepared for an event or a dinner party where you want to impress your guests with a cheesecake showstopper!
The ingredients in this recipe follow my classic cheesecake process. This involves combining cream cheese and icing sugar with Nutella. After this, you will whip up some double cream until firm peaks and then fold it into the mixture. I find this produces a really creamy, lovely cheesecake texture. See below for some substitutions if you are not in the mood for nutella or oreos! Below is a list of the ingredients that you will need for this recipe.
I use a plant-based chocolate hazelnut spread but you can use any choc hazelnut spread (like nutella) as it will create the same end result.
- Cream cheese
- Icing sugar
- Chocolate hazelnut spread (e.g. nutella)
- Whippable double cream
- Vanilla extract
- Coconut Oil
The baking tin I used for this recipe is an 8 inch tin with a removable bottom. I really urge you to use a removable bottom tin with this recipe as it makes your life 100x easier when trying to get the cheesecake out of the tin. If you use a standard one without a removable bottom. it is not going to be pretty when you try to get it out!
I hope you love this vegan Nutella cheesecake. Please do let me know how you get on in the comments section below or via Instagram. I love hearing from you and seeing your recreations!
Combine the ingredients
Chill and decorate
Add whipped cream
Slice it up
There may be some substitutions you would like to make for this vegan nutella cheesecake out of personal preference.
- Nutella - instead of using nutella within the cheesecake you could use another spread like peanut butter. To try out a peanut butter cheesecake, see this link to my peanut butter pie recipe. It follows a similar structure to this recipe but with a focus on peanut butter instead of nutella!
- Oreos - If you are not a fan of oreos, you can sub them out for any biscuit that you like. I use oreos because I think they taste amazing here and pair perfectly with the Nutella filling. However, you could easily use a digestive or graham cracker for your crust. this would also be very very delicious!
Use a baking tray with a removable bottom. In terms of other equipment, you will really only need basic kitchen equipment like a mixing bowl, a hand mixer and spoon!
Store the cheesecake in the fridge for up to 5 days. Ideally, store in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
Vegan Nutella Cheesecake
- 250 g Cream cheese
- 100 g Icing sugar
- 270 g Chocolate hazelnut spread eg nutella
- 270 ml Double cream whippable
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 200 g Oreo biscuits
- 3 tablespoon Coconut oil
- 3 tablespoon Melted nutella
- 2 Handfuls Chocolate chips
- In a food processor, blitz the oreo biscuits into a fine crumb. Then add the melted coconut oil and blitz again. Once combined, press the biscuit crumb into an 8 inch baking tin with a removable bottom. Press it around the edges of the tin as well as the bottom. Place into the fridge whilst you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, 'nutella', icing sugar and vanilla extract. Use a hand electric whisk to do this. In a separate bowl, whip up the double cream until firm peaks have formed. I used a standing mixer to do this. Once firm peaks have formed, add the whipped cream to the other nutella/ cream cheese mixture bowl. Use the hand mixer again to combine it all together. A lovely creamy cheesecake filling mixture will form!
- Add the Nutella cheesecake filling to the cheesecake crust in the baking tin. Even it out with a spatula. Leave to chill for a minimum of 3 hours in the fridge. Leave overnight to fully set. You can place this in the freezer if you wish. If you do this, leave it out for 30 minutes to thaw before serving.
- Decorate the top of the pie with whatever you fancy. I chose nutella swirls and chocolate chips. You could do whatever you wanted. Then, slice it up and enjoy! Let me know how you get on with this- I hope you love it.