These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Cups are the perfect easy, vegan treat. They are made of a crunchy rice crispy layer and topped with a chocolate peanut ganache. It is a match made in heaven!
These Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Cups would also be perfect to bake for easter. I always see lots of rice crispy recipes floating around at easter time, with people using them to make 'nests', etc. This could be your simple contribution to the easter table... with really minimal effort put in, but maximum YUM.
If you are not a peanut butter fan, this is not the recipe for you. This is very peanut butter friendly, with peanut butter staring in every layer. If you do love peanut butter though.... you are going to LOVE these! If you prefer other nut butters, you could definitely sub peanut out. For example, cashew butter would work so well here. When you are choosing the nut butter, you need to ensure it is creamy. Buying really thin, oily nut butters won't allow for the desired consistency, especially for the top ganache layer. Biscoff spread may also work if you want a completely different taste... although it will be very sweet!
Mix the syrup ingredients
Press into cases
Mix in the crispies
Add the peanut chocolate ganache
This recipe is also insanely easy to make, having only TWO steps! This means that if you are not in the mood for a long, tiresome bake but you fancy something sweet... this is the recipe for you! In less than an hour, you will have some delicious sweet treats to snack on.
This recipe is already dairy-free and vegan. However, there are still some substitutions you may like to make.
- Peanut Butter - instead of using peanut butter for the ganache you could use biscoff spread or any other kind of nut butter. You could also make a ganache out of equal parts coconut milk and chocolate. This would make another decadent, delicious ganache!
- Rice crispies - you could use whatever cereal you want to here. I love the rice crispies but feel free to use your imagination and pick whatever you fancy.
Use cupcake cases to make these cups. Alternatively, you could make a big batch in one baking tray. In terms of other equipment, you will really only need basic kitchen equipment like a mixing bowl, saucepan and spoon!
Store these in an airtight container at room temperature. Good for 4-5 days.
I hope you love these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Cups, they are super easy and quick so please do let me know how you get on with them in the comments section below or on Instagram.
Lots of love,
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Rice Crispy Cups
- 150 g Rice crispies
- 140 g Golden syrup
- 150 g Peanut butter creamy
- 100 g Soft light brown sugar
For the chocolate peanut layer
- 225 g Chocolate
- 3 tablespoon Peanut butter creamy
- 1 sprinkle Flaky salt
- In a saucepan, place the sugar, golden syrup and peanut butter and put on a low-medium heat for a couple of minutes, until it has become a bit melted and easier to work with. Stir continuously whilst it is in the saucepan, incorporating it together. Once this has all combined and the mixture is slightly softened remove from the heat. In a large bowl, place your rice crispies and the peanut butter mixture. Combine together. This will eventually come together so persevere! Then, divide the crispy layer equally between cupcake cases (I used 12 cases). Press the rice crispy layer in to the edges of the cupcake cases,
- Melt the chocolate. Then add the peanut butter. Combine. Spoon the mixture onto the cupcake cases, evenly. Sprinkle some flakey sea salt on top of each rice crispy cup. Leave to set for around 30mins - 1 hour. Putting them in a fridge will speed this up. Devour!